`Insurance cover for J&K panches, sarpanches soon`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will soon provide insurance cover to panches and sarpanches, Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said here on Wednesday.
Adequate remuneration will also be provided to them, he said after inaugurating a Panchayat Ghar constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 20 lakh at Matwar in block Balwal here.
The Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister said the state government is determined to strengthen democratic institutions in the state.
He said the state government has ensured adequate empowerment of Panchayati Raj Institutions by giving them powers of 14 vital departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America