`Insurance cover for J&K panches, sarpanches soon`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will soon provide insurance cover to panches and sarpanches, Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said here on Wednesday.
Adequate remuneration will also be provided to them, he said after inaugurating a Panchayat Ghar constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 20 lakh at Matwar in block Balwal here.
The Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister said the state government is determined to strengthen democratic institutions in the state.
He said the state government has ensured adequate empowerment of Panchayati Raj Institutions by giving them powers of 14 vital departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city