`Insurance cover for J&K panches, sarpanches soon`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will soon provide insurance cover to panches and sarpanches, Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said here on Wednesday.
Adequate remuneration will also be provided to them, he said after inaugurating a Panchayat Ghar constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 20 lakh at Matwar in block Balwal here.
The Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister said the state government is determined to strengthen democratic institutions in the state.
He said the state government has ensured adequate empowerment of Panchayati Raj Institutions by giving them powers of 14 vital departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH