Inter-district bovine smuggler held after 4 years
Jammu: Police Thursday arrested a notorious inter-district bovine smuggler wanted in several cases of smuggling after four years in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a tip off, a police party today raided the house of the main kingpin Mohammad Yaqoob at Badota in Udhampur district and arrested him, police said.
Yaqoob was subsequently produced in a court, police said, adding, hectic efforts were on to nab the three other smugglers.
Earlier on February 29, 2008 two bovine animal loaded trucks were intercepted on a tip off by police personnel of Udhampur Police Station near Jakheni Naka.
The bovine smugglers, however, fled away taking advantage of dense forest leaving behind the trucks from where 27 bovine animals were rescued.
In this connection, a case was registered then in Udhampur P S and proceedings were initiated under Section 512 Cr P C against all four absconding smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand