Inter-district bovine smuggler held after 4 years
Jammu: Police Thursday arrested a notorious inter-district bovine smuggler wanted in several cases of smuggling after four years in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a tip off, a police party today raided the house of the main kingpin Mohammad Yaqoob at Badota in Udhampur district and arrested him, police said.
Yaqoob was subsequently produced in a court, police said, adding, hectic efforts were on to nab the three other smugglers.
Earlier on February 29, 2008 two bovine animal loaded trucks were intercepted on a tip off by police personnel of Udhampur Police Station near Jakheni Naka.
The bovine smugglers, however, fled away taking advantage of dense forest leaving behind the trucks from where 27 bovine animals were rescued.
In this connection, a case was registered then in Udhampur P S and proceedings were initiated under Section 512 Cr P C against all four absconding smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish