Inter-district bovine smuggler held after 4 years
Jammu: Police Thursday arrested a notorious inter-district bovine smuggler wanted in several cases of smuggling after four years in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a tip off, a police party today raided the house of the main kingpin Mohammad Yaqoob at Badota in Udhampur district and arrested him, police said.
Yaqoob was subsequently produced in a court, police said, adding, hectic efforts were on to nab the three other smugglers.
Earlier on February 29, 2008 two bovine animal loaded trucks were intercepted on a tip off by police personnel of Udhampur Police Station near Jakheni Naka.
The bovine smugglers, however, fled away taking advantage of dense forest leaving behind the trucks from where 27 bovine animals were rescued.
In this connection, a case was registered then in Udhampur P S and proceedings were initiated under Section 512 Cr P C against all four absconding smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress