Inter-district bovine smuggler held after 4 years
Jammu: Police Thursday arrested a notorious inter-district bovine smuggler wanted in several cases of smuggling after four years in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a tip off, a police party today raided the house of the main kingpin Mohammad Yaqoob at Badota in Udhampur district and arrested him, police said.
Yaqoob was subsequently produced in a court, police said, adding, hectic efforts were on to nab the three other smugglers.
Earlier on February 29, 2008 two bovine animal loaded trucks were intercepted on a tip off by police personnel of Udhampur Police Station near Jakheni Naka.
The bovine smugglers, however, fled away taking advantage of dense forest leaving behind the trucks from where 27 bovine animals were rescued.
In this connection, a case was registered then in Udhampur P S and proceedings were initiated under Section 512 Cr P C against all four absconding smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000