Interlocutors complete process of interaction
Srinagar: The Centre`s interlocutors on
Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday completed the year-long process of
interactions with a cross-section of people to find a solution
to the political issues of the state.
The team - comprising eminent journalist Dileep
Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and former Information
Commissioner M M Ansari - interacted with people from all
walks of life in North Kashmir`s Kupwara district today.
During the current visit to the state, which is their
last before they submit their report to the Central
government, the interlocutors also visited Samba district in
Jammu region and Shopian and Baramulla districts in the
"We had not visited these four district headquarters so
far. This has concluded the interaction part for us," one of
the interlocutors said.
The team has submitted interim reports to the Centre
after every visit and will now begin work on their final draft
upon their return to New Delhi tomorrow.
They have maintained that they will submit their final
recommendations to the Centre before their term expires on
October 12 this year.
With this, the Centre`s interlocutors have visited all 22
districts of the state since their appointment on October 13
last year. The team was appointed at the fag end of last
summer`s unrest in the Valley and assigned the task of finding
a solution to the political problems of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users