Interlocutors complete process of interaction
Srinagar: The Centre`s interlocutors on
Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday completed the year-long process of
interactions with a cross-section of people to find a solution
to the political issues of the state.
The team - comprising eminent journalist Dileep
Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and former Information
Commissioner M M Ansari - interacted with people from all
walks of life in North Kashmir`s Kupwara district today.
During the current visit to the state, which is their
last before they submit their report to the Central
government, the interlocutors also visited Samba district in
Jammu region and Shopian and Baramulla districts in the
"We had not visited these four district headquarters so
far. This has concluded the interaction part for us," one of
the interlocutors said.
The team has submitted interim reports to the Centre
after every visit and will now begin work on their final draft
upon their return to New Delhi tomorrow.
They have maintained that they will submit their final
recommendations to the Centre before their term expires on
October 12 this year.
With this, the Centre`s interlocutors have visited all 22
districts of the state since their appointment on October 13
last year. The team was appointed at the fag end of last
summer`s unrest in the Valley and assigned the task of finding
a solution to the political problems of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat