Interlocutors` report ambiguous: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the report of the Centre`s interlocutors as "ambiguous", senior BJP Leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said any solution to the complex Jammu and Kashmir issue lay within the ambit of the Indian Constitution.
"The report of the interlocutors on Kashmir lacks clarity and is ambiguous," the former BJP president told reporters .
"It is silent on most issues. The report talks about misgovernance in the state, but it is mum on why there is misgovernance," he said.
"The Kashmir issue is a complex and multi-dimensional one and any soultion to it lies within the ambit of the Indian Constitution," the BJP veteran said.
Rajnath along with party leaders J P Nadda, Avinash Rai Khanna and Basav Rai Patil are on a three-day visit to the city in connection with preparation of a "vision document" by the BJP on Jammu and Kashmir.
The BJP study group will also go to Kashmir on June one and meet several delegations there.
"We have so far met 16 delegations and 60 representative organisations. Our doors are always open. We have not sent out any invitation, but I believe whosoever is serious about the Kashmir issue will talk to us," Rajnath said.
Asked whether they would talk to separatist leaders like Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the BJP leader said "we are going with an open mind and will talk to everyone who is willing to talk to us. We will take into account everyone`s aspirations."
"We will prepare our report keeping in mind the interest of the state and the nation as a whole. We will also take cognisance of the interlocutors` report."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP