Interlocutors` report ambiguous: Rajnath
Jammu: Terming the report of the Centre`s interlocutors as "ambiguous", senior BJP Leader Rajnath Singh on Monday said any solution to the complex Jammu and Kashmir issue lay within the ambit of the Indian Constitution.
"The report of the interlocutors on Kashmir lacks clarity and is ambiguous," the former BJP president told reporters .
"It is silent on most issues. The report talks about misgovernance in the state, but it is mum on why there is misgovernance," he said.
"The Kashmir issue is a complex and multi-dimensional one and any soultion to it lies within the ambit of the Indian Constitution," the BJP veteran said.
Rajnath along with party leaders J P Nadda, Avinash Rai Khanna and Basav Rai Patil are on a three-day visit to the city in connection with preparation of a "vision document" by the BJP on Jammu and Kashmir.
The BJP study group will also go to Kashmir on June one and meet several delegations there.
"We have so far met 16 delegations and 60 representative organisations. Our doors are always open. We have not sent out any invitation, but I believe whosoever is serious about the Kashmir issue will talk to us," Rajnath said.
Asked whether they would talk to separatist leaders like Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the BJP leader said "we are going with an open mind and will talk to everyone who is willing to talk to us. We will take into account everyone`s aspirations."
"We will prepare our report keeping in mind the interest of the state and the nation as a whole. We will also take cognisance of the interlocutors` report."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'