Interlocutors` report wastage of time: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party and separatist Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday termed the
report of Centre’s interlocutors as wastage of time while the
ruling National Conference said it is unfortunate if the team
has rejected the autonomy for Jammu and Kashmir.
"The whole exercise seems to be a waste of time. As
reported in the media, the report has neither touched on the
internal dimension nor the external dimension of Kashmir
issue," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said.
She said recommendations like devolution of powers to
Panchayats was nothing special.
Mehbooba said the reports submitted by the Working
Groups set up by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh after the 2005
Roundtable Conference were far better in addressing the issues
of Jammu and Kashmir.
Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar
Farooq said the decision of the amalgam to stay away from the
Centre-appointed team has been vindicated.
"Confidence-building measures can only help in creating
conducive atmosphere for resolution of the Kashmir issue. CBMs
cannot be a solution," Mirwaiz said.
The Hurriyat Chairman said a year has been wasted and
the interlocutors have not come up with anything different
from what the Centre has already been saying with respect to
National Conference spokesman Shiekh Mustafa Kamaal
said he would not be in a position to make a categorical
statement on the report of the interlocutors.
"But if restoration of autonomy, which has been passed
by the state legislature, has been ignored in the report, it
is unfortunate," Kamaal said.
Exactly a year after their appointment, the interlocutors
submitted their report to Home Minister P Chidambaram on a
variety of issues including the controversial Armed Forces
Special Powers Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed