Interlocutors visit Udhampur, meet delegations
Jammu: Centre`s interlocutors on Kashmir on Tuesday visited Udhampur district in Jammu region and met over 12 delegations on day two of their fourth visit to the state.
The three-member team, headed by eminent journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, met a cross-section of the people including political leaders, NGOs, academicians and intellectuals.
A delegation of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party, led by its state unit president Balwant Singh Mankotia, submitted a 17-point charter of suggestions to the team.
Mankotia, an MLA, suggested to the interlocutors reorganisation of the state on the basis of languages, culture and geography for effective development of all the regions of the state.
He said his party favoured separate Chief Ministers, separate assemblies, separate secretariats, separate Public Service Commissions, separate recruitment boards and separate planning boards.
The BJP called for abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir and favoured creation of regional councils.
The NC delegation wanted greater autonomy for Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands