Interlocutors visit Udhampur, meet delegations
Jammu: Centre`s interlocutors on Kashmir on Tuesday visited Udhampur district in Jammu region and met over 12 delegations on day two of their fourth visit to the state.
The three-member team, headed by eminent journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, met a cross-section of the people including political leaders, NGOs, academicians and intellectuals.
A delegation of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party, led by its state unit president Balwant Singh Mankotia, submitted a 17-point charter of suggestions to the team.
Mankotia, an MLA, suggested to the interlocutors reorganisation of the state on the basis of languages, culture and geography for effective development of all the regions of the state.
He said his party favoured separate Chief Ministers, separate assemblies, separate secretariats, separate Public Service Commissions, separate recruitment boards and separate planning boards.
The BJP called for abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir and favoured creation of regional councils.
The NC delegation wanted greater autonomy for Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police