`Internal autonomy to J&K will bring India, Pak closer`
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference Thursday said restoration of internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir can be a starting point for ending the hostility between India and Pakistan and bring the two countries closer.
"We have to end the hostility that one can feel between the two neighbouring countries and it`s only NC and its demand for the restoration of autonomy that can and will be the beginning of a new tomorrow...," NC provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani said at a workers` convention in Baramulla district.
He said the autonomy is the only constitutionally approved document and his party will continue to fight for its restoration to the state.
"Let me assure you that under the leadership of Chief Minister and working president Omar Abdullah, the party will continue its political fight for the restoration of sovereign character of the state and protect the rights of the people," Wani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death