`Internal autonomy to J&K will bring India, Pak closer`
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference Thursday said restoration of internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir can be a starting point for ending the hostility between India and Pakistan and bring the two countries closer.
"We have to end the hostility that one can feel between the two neighbouring countries and it`s only NC and its demand for the restoration of autonomy that can and will be the beginning of a new tomorrow...," NC provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani said at a workers` convention in Baramulla district.
He said the autonomy is the only constitutionally approved document and his party will continue to fight for its restoration to the state.
"Let me assure you that under the leadership of Chief Minister and working president Omar Abdullah, the party will continue its political fight for the restoration of sovereign character of the state and protect the rights of the people," Wani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you