`Internal autonomy to J&K will bring India, Pak closer`
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference Thursday said restoration of internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir can be a starting point for ending the hostility between India and Pakistan and bring the two countries closer.
"We have to end the hostility that one can feel between the two neighbouring countries and it`s only NC and its demand for the restoration of autonomy that can and will be the beginning of a new tomorrow...," NC provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani said at a workers` convention in Baramulla district.
He said the autonomy is the only constitutionally approved document and his party will continue to fight for its restoration to the state.
"Let me assure you that under the leadership of Chief Minister and working president Omar Abdullah, the party will continue its political fight for the restoration of sovereign character of the state and protect the rights of the people," Wani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP