`Internal autonomy to J&K will bring India, Pak closer`
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference Thursday said restoration of internal autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir can be a starting point for ending the hostility between India and Pakistan and bring the two countries closer.
"We have to end the hostility that one can feel between the two neighbouring countries and it`s only NC and its demand for the restoration of autonomy that can and will be the beginning of a new tomorrow...," NC provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani said at a workers` convention in Baramulla district.
He said the autonomy is the only constitutionally approved document and his party will continue to fight for its restoration to the state.
"Let me assure you that under the leadership of Chief Minister and working president Omar Abdullah, the party will continue its political fight for the restoration of sovereign character of the state and protect the rights of the people," Wani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender