Iqbal Khanday appointed as chief secy of J&K
Jammu: Senior IAS officer Iqbal Khanday has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
The state cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the appointment of Khanday as Chief Secretary of J&K, an official spokesman said.
Khanday, an IAS officer from 1978 batch, took over from the outgoing chief secretary Madav Lal, who has been appointed as secretary to MSME at the Centre.
Khanday, who was holding the post of financial commissioner in the department of Finance, was exonerated by the CBI court in September last year in connection with the Srinagar Sex scam, in which he was arrested in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games