Iqbal Khanday appointed as chief secy of J&K
Jammu: Senior IAS officer Iqbal Khanday has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
The state cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the appointment of Khanday as Chief Secretary of J&K, an official spokesman said.
Khanday, an IAS officer from 1978 batch, took over from the outgoing chief secretary Madav Lal, who has been appointed as secretary to MSME at the Centre.
Khanday, who was holding the post of financial commissioner in the department of Finance, was exonerated by the CBI court in September last year in connection with the Srinagar Sex scam, in which he was arrested in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days