Iqbal Khanday appointed as chief secy of J&K
Jammu: Senior IAS officer Iqbal Khanday has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
The state cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the appointment of Khanday as Chief Secretary of J&K, an official spokesman said.
Khanday, an IAS officer from 1978 batch, took over from the outgoing chief secretary Madav Lal, who has been appointed as secretary to MSME at the Centre.
Khanday, who was holding the post of financial commissioner in the department of Finance, was exonerated by the CBI court in September last year in connection with the Srinagar Sex scam, in which he was arrested in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon