Iqbal Khanday appointed as chief secy of J&K
Jammu: Senior IAS officer Iqbal Khanday has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
The state cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, approved the appointment of Khanday as Chief Secretary of J&K, an official spokesman said.
Khanday, an IAS officer from 1978 batch, took over from the outgoing chief secretary Madav Lal, who has been appointed as secretary to MSME at the Centre.
Khanday, who was holding the post of financial commissioner in the department of Finance, was exonerated by the CBI court in September last year in connection with the Srinagar Sex scam, in which he was arrested in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley