Israeli flag torched in Srinagar over Gaza bombings
Srinagar: Angry youth torched an Israeli flag to protest bombings in Gaza and shouted slogans in favour of the Palestinian people in the old city areas of Srinagar Friday.
Immediately after the congregational Friday prayers ended in the Jamia mosque in the Nowhatta area in the old city, dozens of youth gathered in the market square to protest the bombings that have killed 65 people, including children and women.
Earlier, chairman of pro-independence Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Yasin Malik was detained by the police in uptown Maisuma area of Srinagar when he appeared with his supporters to take out a protest march against the Gaza bombings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble