Italians would love to visit Kashmir Valley: Envoy
Srinagar: Italian Ambassador to India Daniele Mancini on Saturday said Kashmir is well known in his country and the people would "definitely love" to visit the Valley.
"Kashmir is well known in Italy and people from that country would definitely love to visit the place.
"The improvement in the ground situation will positively affect tourism sector in Kashmir", Mancini said in an interaction with state tourism minister Ghulam Ahmad Mir here.
The envoy called on the minister at Royal Golf Course and discussed various matters of mutual interest with him, an official spokesman said.
He said the matters pertaining to tourism development initiatives put in place by the state government to rope in high-end tourists from across the globe came up for discussion in the meeting.
Mir briefed the visiting envoy about huge tourist potential of the state and its diversity in three different regions of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, the spokesman said.
The issues relating to general development of the state and welfare of people also came up during the meeting, he said, adding the rich tourist potential particularly the scenic splendour of Valley was also discussed.
Mancini praised the beauty of the golf course and appreciated the efforts of the government for development and maintenance of the course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth