J-K Governor Vohra lauds role of IAF
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N
Vohra on Wednesday lauded the role played by the Indian Air Force
(IAF) both in peace and emergency situations, providing relief
to the people and defending territorial integrity of the
Air Force has always measured upto the emerging challenges
and preserved country`s territorial integrity by making
supreme sacrifices, Vohra said addressing the Inaugural
Session of the one-day seminar on "Employment of Air Power in
The seminar was jointly organized by the Centre for Air
Power Studies and the Western Air Command at the Air Force
Referring to the spectacular role performed by the Air
Force in the high mountains during the Kargil conflict of
1999, he said that this is a saga by itself.
"It is a matter of great pride to say that whenever a
situation demanded our gallant defence forces have bravely
defended the country", he said.
Director, Centre for Air Power Studies, Air Commodore
Jasjit Singh (Retd) in his opening remarks, dwelt on the
history, aims and objects of setting up of the Centre.
Recalling historic role played by the Indian Air Force in
the past wars and more so in the Kargil conflict, he said high
mountains posed a great challenge for guarding the frontiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in