J-K Govt misusing AFSPA, PSA: Jamaat-e-Islami
Srinagar: Expressing concern and anguish over
the prevailing situation in the Kashmir valley, the Jamaat-e-
Islami today alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government is
misusing Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and public
safety act (PSA).
"The common masses have been deprived of all their
fundamental human rights... Draconian laws like AFSPA and PSA
are widely misused against the people who demand their
inherent right of self determination," Jamat spokesman Zahid
Ali said in a statement here.
"Brute force is being used against the peaceful masses
protesting against state-sponsored oppression which resulted
in the death of 11 innocent youths including a nine year child
just in a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September