J-K Govt misusing AFSPA, PSA: Jamaat-e-Islami
Srinagar: Expressing concern and anguish over
the prevailing situation in the Kashmir valley, the Jamaat-e-
Islami today alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government is
misusing Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and public
safety act (PSA).
"The common masses have been deprived of all their
fundamental human rights... Draconian laws like AFSPA and PSA
are widely misused against the people who demand their
inherent right of self determination," Jamat spokesman Zahid
Ali said in a statement here.
"Brute force is being used against the peaceful masses
protesting against state-sponsored oppression which resulted
in the death of 11 innocent youths including a nine year child
just in a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi