J-K Govt misusing AFSPA, PSA: Jamaat-e-Islami
Srinagar: Expressing concern and anguish over
the prevailing situation in the Kashmir valley, the Jamaat-e-
Islami today alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government is
misusing Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and public
safety act (PSA).
"The common masses have been deprived of all their
fundamental human rights... Draconian laws like AFSPA and PSA
are widely misused against the people who demand their
inherent right of self determination," Jamat spokesman Zahid
Ali said in a statement here.
"Brute force is being used against the peaceful masses
protesting against state-sponsored oppression which resulted
in the death of 11 innocent youths including a nine year child
just in a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister