J-K Govt misusing AFSPA, PSA: Jamaat-e-Islami
Srinagar: Expressing concern and anguish over
the prevailing situation in the Kashmir valley, the Jamaat-e-
Islami today alleged the Jammu and Kashmir government is
misusing Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and public
safety act (PSA).
"The common masses have been deprived of all their
fundamental human rights... Draconian laws like AFSPA and PSA
are widely misused against the people who demand their
inherent right of self determination," Jamat spokesman Zahid
Ali said in a statement here.
"Brute force is being used against the peaceful masses
protesting against state-sponsored oppression which resulted
in the death of 11 innocent youths including a nine year child
just in a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss