J-K govt orders magisterial probe into Poonch mishap
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday
ordered a magisterial probe into the road mishap in which
eight persons were killed and 32 injured in Poonch district.
Deputy Chief Minister (DCM) Tara Chand, who visited
Government Medical college (GMC) here to meet the injured,
said that he has directed the Deputy Commissioner to conduct
an inquiry into the mishap and submit a report to him at the
Eight persons including two women and a four-month-old
baby were killed and 32 injured, some of them seriously, when
the matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road
and fell into Trungli river in Poonch district yesterday.
Accompanied by Poonch MLC Jehangir Hussain and Deputy
Commissioner (DC) K L Khajuria, the Deputy CM interacted with
the injured and enquired them about the treatment being
providing to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?