J-K govt orders magisterial probe into Poonch mishap
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday
ordered a magisterial probe into the road mishap in which
eight persons were killed and 32 injured in Poonch district.
Deputy Chief Minister (DCM) Tara Chand, who visited
Government Medical college (GMC) here to meet the injured,
said that he has directed the Deputy Commissioner to conduct
an inquiry into the mishap and submit a report to him at the
Eight persons including two women and a four-month-old
baby were killed and 32 injured, some of them seriously, when
the matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road
and fell into Trungli river in Poonch district yesterday.
Accompanied by Poonch MLC Jehangir Hussain and Deputy
Commissioner (DC) K L Khajuria, the Deputy CM interacted with
the injured and enquired them about the treatment being
providing to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy