J-K Handicrafts dept lodges FIR against dealers, hawkers
Srinagar: The Handicrafts department of
Jammu and Kashmir today lodged an FIR against 21 handicraft
dealers and hawkers in for alleged violation of the Tourist
Trade Act, its spokesman said here on Thursday.
Most of the alleged offenders, who had stalls or were
selling their wares at Nehru Park and Boulevard on the banks
of the Dal lake, were booked for obstructing and threatening
an inspection team, he said.
He said an FIR was lodged against them at Nehru Park
The accused were also found involved in fake labelling
and non-registration with the department and a fine of
Rs 8,000 was recovered from them, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?