J-K Police sets-up 3 Water Rescue Teams, 2 SDR companies
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Police has set-up
three Water Rescue Teams and two State Disaster Response
Companies (SDRC) for rescue and relief operations during
accidents, man-made and natural disasters in the state.
"We have totally revamped the Civil Defence Wing in
Jammu and Kashmir. Three Water Rescue Teams and Two State
Disaster Response Companies have been raised in to deal with
natural and man-made disasters," Director General of Police
Kuldeep Khoda said.
Of these, two Water Rescue teams have been raised in
Doda district in Jammu region and one in Dal Lake in Srinagar,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says