J-K technocrat on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jammu: The fast unto death by some
technocrats here demanding regularisation in service entered
the third day today even as one of them had to be shifted to a
hospital after his condition deteriorated.
Javed Ahmed, who was on fast unto death along with his
colleagues, was shifted to Government Medical College Hospital
by police this afternoon, officials said.
"This is the second such incident in past three days.
The government is paying no attention to our demands. Our
agitation will continue and intensify further," leader of All
Jammu and Kashmir Agriculture Technocrats Mohammad Ayoub told
Over 100 technocrats are on fast unto death after a
20-day strike to press the Jammu and Kashmir government to
consider their demands, including regularisation of their
services and enhancement of stipend.
Yesterday, one Yakub Khan had to be rushed to hospital
after his condition deteriorated due to the fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'