J-K technocrat on fast-unto-death hospitalised
Jammu: The fast unto death by some
technocrats here demanding regularisation in service entered
the third day today even as one of them had to be shifted to a
hospital after his condition deteriorated.
Javed Ahmed, who was on fast unto death along with his
colleagues, was shifted to Government Medical College Hospital
by police this afternoon, officials said.
"This is the second such incident in past three days.
The government is paying no attention to our demands. Our
agitation will continue and intensify further," leader of All
Jammu and Kashmir Agriculture Technocrats Mohammad Ayoub told
Over 100 technocrats are on fast unto death after a
20-day strike to press the Jammu and Kashmir government to
consider their demands, including regularisation of their
services and enhancement of stipend.
Yesterday, one Yakub Khan had to be rushed to hospital
after his condition deteriorated due to the fast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended