Jammu: 5000 farmers to take part in Kissan Mela
Jammu: Nearly 5,000 farmers from various
parts of the country are taking part in the two-day Kishan
Mela organised by Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural
Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) here from March 19, officials
said on Sunday.
"It is expected that about 5,000 farmers will participate
in this two-day Kissan mega event from March 19 here. Farmers,
women farmers from the neighbouring states Punjab, Himachal
Pradesh and Haryana are also expected to participate in the
mela", SKUAST officials said here.
In the mela, the innovative technologies generated
will be exhibited by various ICAR institutes, SAUs and other
research institutes in the field of agriculture and animal
husbandry for the benefit of farmers.
The Kissan Mela will also offer a platform to farmers,
farm women, livestock owners, entrepreneurs, NGOs, scientists,
scholars to interact and exchange their views and experiences.
A large number of farmers, farm women and field
functionaries from agriculture, horticulture, floriculture,
sericulture, apiculture and rural development departments will
participate in the Kissan Mela-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati