Jammu: 5000 farmers to take part in Kissan Mela
Jammu: Nearly 5,000 farmers from various
parts of the country are taking part in the two-day Kishan
Mela organised by Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural
Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) here from March 19, officials
said on Sunday.
"It is expected that about 5,000 farmers will participate
in this two-day Kissan mega event from March 19 here. Farmers,
women farmers from the neighbouring states Punjab, Himachal
Pradesh and Haryana are also expected to participate in the
mela", SKUAST officials said here.
In the mela, the innovative technologies generated
will be exhibited by various ICAR institutes, SAUs and other
research institutes in the field of agriculture and animal
husbandry for the benefit of farmers.
The Kissan Mela will also offer a platform to farmers,
farm women, livestock owners, entrepreneurs, NGOs, scientists,
scholars to interact and exchange their views and experiences.
A large number of farmers, farm women and field
functionaries from agriculture, horticulture, floriculture,
sericulture, apiculture and rural development departments will
participate in the Kissan Mela-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read