Jammu: 5000 farmers to take part in Kissan Mela
Jammu: Nearly 5,000 farmers from various
parts of the country are taking part in the two-day Kishan
Mela organised by Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural
Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) here from March 19, officials
said on Sunday.
"It is expected that about 5,000 farmers will participate
in this two-day Kissan mega event from March 19 here. Farmers,
women farmers from the neighbouring states Punjab, Himachal
Pradesh and Haryana are also expected to participate in the
mela", SKUAST officials said here.
In the mela, the innovative technologies generated
will be exhibited by various ICAR institutes, SAUs and other
research institutes in the field of agriculture and animal
husbandry for the benefit of farmers.
The Kissan Mela will also offer a platform to farmers,
farm women, livestock owners, entrepreneurs, NGOs, scientists,
scholars to interact and exchange their views and experiences.
A large number of farmers, farm women and field
functionaries from agriculture, horticulture, floriculture,
sericulture, apiculture and rural development departments will
participate in the Kissan Mela-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY