Jammu: 5000 farmers to take part in Kissan Mela
Jammu: Nearly 5,000 farmers from various
parts of the country are taking part in the two-day Kishan
Mela organised by Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural
Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) here from March 19, officials
said on Sunday.
"It is expected that about 5,000 farmers will participate
in this two-day Kissan mega event from March 19 here. Farmers,
women farmers from the neighbouring states Punjab, Himachal
Pradesh and Haryana are also expected to participate in the
mela", SKUAST officials said here.
In the mela, the innovative technologies generated
will be exhibited by various ICAR institutes, SAUs and other
research institutes in the field of agriculture and animal
husbandry for the benefit of farmers.
The Kissan Mela will also offer a platform to farmers,
farm women, livestock owners, entrepreneurs, NGOs, scientists,
scholars to interact and exchange their views and experiences.
A large number of farmers, farm women and field
functionaries from agriculture, horticulture, floriculture,
sericulture, apiculture and rural development departments will
participate in the Kissan Mela-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs