Jammu and Kashmir: 43 police officers promoted
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has ordered promotion of 43 inspectors as Deputy Superintendents of Police in general executive cadre, an official spokesman said on Sunday.
"The orders of promotion for the 43 officers were issued by the Government on the recommendations of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) and Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission," the spokesman said.
Director General of Police (DGP) K Rajendra Kumar congratulated the promoted officers and stressed upon them to rededicate themselves for public service with more zeal and dedication.
Rajendra said that the police organisation has been making all efforts to provide promotion avenues to its personnel in all the ranks.
He said all relevant records have been updated at different levels to ensure quick implementation of recommendations of different DPCs and timely promotion of the cops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145