Jammu and Kashmir: 43 police officers promoted
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has ordered promotion of 43 inspectors as Deputy Superintendents of Police in general executive cadre, an official spokesman said on Sunday.
"The orders of promotion for the 43 officers were issued by the Government on the recommendations of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) and Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission," the spokesman said.
Director General of Police (DGP) K Rajendra Kumar congratulated the promoted officers and stressed upon them to rededicate themselves for public service with more zeal and dedication.
Rajendra said that the police organisation has been making all efforts to provide promotion avenues to its personnel in all the ranks.
He said all relevant records have been updated at different levels to ensure quick implementation of recommendations of different DPCs and timely promotion of the cops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?