Jammu and Kashmir legislators to get salary hike
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir will get higher salaries and perks at the end of the ongoing Budget session, official sources said.
The government will bring two bills in the legislature, one enhancing the salaries and the other seeking an increase in the constituency development fund.
Legislators in both the houses had been demanding an enhancement in their salaries.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, according to sources, has assured them that the government was all for the enhancement of the salaries of the legislators and also increase in their constituency development fund.
The sources said the bills may be introduced early next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown