Jammu and Kashmir legislators to get salary hike
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir will get higher salaries and perks at the end of the ongoing Budget session, official sources said.
The government will bring two bills in the legislature, one enhancing the salaries and the other seeking an increase in the constituency development fund.
Legislators in both the houses had been demanding an enhancement in their salaries.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, according to sources, has assured them that the government was all for the enhancement of the salaries of the legislators and also increase in their constituency development fund.
The sources said the bills may be introduced early next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown