Jammu and Kashmir legislators to get salary hike
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir will get higher salaries and perks at the end of the ongoing Budget session, official sources said.
The government will bring two bills in the legislature, one enhancing the salaries and the other seeking an increase in the constituency development fund.
Legislators in both the houses had been demanding an enhancement in their salaries.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, according to sources, has assured them that the government was all for the enhancement of the salaries of the legislators and also increase in their constituency development fund.
The sources said the bills may be introduced early next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH