Jammu and Kashmir legislators to get salary hike
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir will get higher salaries and perks at the end of the ongoing Budget session, official sources said.
The government will bring two bills in the legislature, one enhancing the salaries and the other seeking an increase in the constituency development fund.
Legislators in both the houses had been demanding an enhancement in their salaries.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, according to sources, has assured them that the government was all for the enhancement of the salaries of the legislators and also increase in their constituency development fund.
The sources said the bills may be introduced early next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title