Jammu and Kashmir legislators to get salary hike
Jammu: Legislators in Jammu and Kashmir will get higher salaries and perks at the end of the ongoing Budget session, official sources said.
The government will bring two bills in the legislature, one enhancing the salaries and the other seeking an increase in the constituency development fund.
Legislators in both the houses had been demanding an enhancement in their salaries.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, according to sources, has assured them that the government was all for the enhancement of the salaries of the legislators and also increase in their constituency development fund.
The sources said the bills may be introduced early next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption