Jammu and Kashmir upper house summons ex-Army chief VK Singh
Jammu: Privileges committee of Jammu and Kashmir legislative council has summoned former Indian Army chief Gen VK Singh to appear before it Jan 9 in connection with the latter`s allegations of payoffs to state ministers and legislators.
The privileges committee of the upper house of Jammu and Kashmir`s bicameral legislature has asked Singh to appear before it in the legislature complex in winter capital Jammu Jan 9.
Singh had created a stir earlier this year when he told an electronic news channel that ministers and legislators in Jammu and Kashmir had been beneficiaries of army`s secret funds.
The former army chief, however, denied having made the allegations when state legislative assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul issued him a notice earlier last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meitu launches 'BeautyPlus Me' app in India
- Spine-chilling video: Woman dragged, killed by tiger at safari park in China
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix
- Micromax announces new laptop series