Jammu and Kashmir upper house summons ex-Army chief VK Singh
Jammu: Privileges committee of Jammu and Kashmir legislative council has summoned former Indian Army chief Gen VK Singh to appear before it Jan 9 in connection with the latter`s allegations of payoffs to state ministers and legislators.
The privileges committee of the upper house of Jammu and Kashmir`s bicameral legislature has asked Singh to appear before it in the legislature complex in winter capital Jammu Jan 9.
Singh had created a stir earlier this year when he told an electronic news channel that ministers and legislators in Jammu and Kashmir had been beneficiaries of army`s secret funds.
The former army chief, however, denied having made the allegations when state legislative assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul issued him a notice earlier last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack