Jammu and Kashmir upper house summons ex-Army chief VK Singh
Jammu: Privileges committee of Jammu and Kashmir legislative council has summoned former Indian Army chief Gen VK Singh to appear before it Jan 9 in connection with the latter`s allegations of payoffs to state ministers and legislators.
The privileges committee of the upper house of Jammu and Kashmir`s bicameral legislature has asked Singh to appear before it in the legislature complex in winter capital Jammu Jan 9.
Singh had created a stir earlier this year when he told an electronic news channel that ministers and legislators in Jammu and Kashmir had been beneficiaries of army`s secret funds.
The former army chief, however, denied having made the allegations when state legislative assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul issued him a notice earlier last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener