Jammu and Kashmir upper house summons ex-Army chief VK Singh
Jammu: Privileges committee of Jammu and Kashmir legislative council has summoned former Indian Army chief Gen VK Singh to appear before it Jan 9 in connection with the latter`s allegations of payoffs to state ministers and legislators.
The privileges committee of the upper house of Jammu and Kashmir`s bicameral legislature has asked Singh to appear before it in the legislature complex in winter capital Jammu Jan 9.
Singh had created a stir earlier this year when he told an electronic news channel that ministers and legislators in Jammu and Kashmir had been beneficiaries of army`s secret funds.
The former army chief, however, denied having made the allegations when state legislative assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul issued him a notice earlier last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon