Jammu and Kashmir upper house summons ex-Army chief VK Singh
Jammu: Privileges committee of Jammu and Kashmir legislative council has summoned former Indian Army chief Gen VK Singh to appear before it Jan 9 in connection with the latter`s allegations of payoffs to state ministers and legislators.
The privileges committee of the upper house of Jammu and Kashmir`s bicameral legislature has asked Singh to appear before it in the legislature complex in winter capital Jammu Jan 9.
Singh had created a stir earlier this year when he told an electronic news channel that ministers and legislators in Jammu and Kashmir had been beneficiaries of army`s secret funds.
The former army chief, however, denied having made the allegations when state legislative assembly Speaker Mubarak Gul issued him a notice earlier last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble