Jammu-based IAF`s unit rescued 690 in Uttarakhand
Jammu: Warriors of IAF`s 130 Helicopter Unit(HU), based in Jammu, flew 74 sorties ferrying 789 people, including stranded pilgrims, in rain-devastated Uttarakhand.
Squadron Leader Shiv Shankaram and his team flew a total of 74 sorties supplying 25 tonnes of ration and relief material, an IAF spokesman said on Saturday.
The IAF chopper ferried 99 NDRF and police personnel to the flood zone and rescued 690 stranded people, including pilgrims, he said.
The personnel of Air Force Station Jammu (130 HU) unit participated in relief and rescue efforts in the hill state of Uttarakhand which witnessed widespread death and destruction wrought by recent monsoon rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened