Jammu-based IAF`s unit rescued 690 in Uttarakhand
Jammu: Warriors of IAF`s 130 Helicopter Unit(HU), based in Jammu, flew 74 sorties ferrying 789 people, including stranded pilgrims, in rain-devastated Uttarakhand.
Squadron Leader Shiv Shankaram and his team flew a total of 74 sorties supplying 25 tonnes of ration and relief material, an IAF spokesman said on Saturday.
The IAF chopper ferried 99 NDRF and police personnel to the flood zone and rescued 690 stranded people, including pilgrims, he said.
The personnel of Air Force Station Jammu (130 HU) unit participated in relief and rescue efforts in the hill state of Uttarakhand which witnessed widespread death and destruction wrought by recent monsoon rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'