Jammu-based IAF`s unit rescued 690 in Uttarakhand
Jammu: Warriors of IAF`s 130 Helicopter Unit(HU), based in Jammu, flew 74 sorties ferrying 789 people, including stranded pilgrims, in rain-devastated Uttarakhand.
Squadron Leader Shiv Shankaram and his team flew a total of 74 sorties supplying 25 tonnes of ration and relief material, an IAF spokesman said on Saturday.
The IAF chopper ferried 99 NDRF and police personnel to the flood zone and rescued 690 stranded people, including pilgrims, he said.
The personnel of Air Force Station Jammu (130 HU) unit participated in relief and rescue efforts in the hill state of Uttarakhand which witnessed widespread death and destruction wrought by recent monsoon rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter