Jammu-based IAF`s unit rescued 690 in Uttarakhand
Jammu: Warriors of IAF`s 130 Helicopter Unit(HU), based in Jammu, flew 74 sorties ferrying 789 people, including stranded pilgrims, in rain-devastated Uttarakhand.
Squadron Leader Shiv Shankaram and his team flew a total of 74 sorties supplying 25 tonnes of ration and relief material, an IAF spokesman said on Saturday.
The IAF chopper ferried 99 NDRF and police personnel to the flood zone and rescued 690 stranded people, including pilgrims, he said.
The personnel of Air Force Station Jammu (130 HU) unit participated in relief and rescue efforts in the hill state of Uttarakhand which witnessed widespread death and destruction wrought by recent monsoon rains.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times