Jammu-based IAF`s unit rescued 690 in Uttarakhand
Jammu: Warriors of IAF`s 130 Helicopter Unit(HU), based in Jammu, flew 74 sorties ferrying 789 people, including stranded pilgrims, in rain-devastated Uttarakhand.
Squadron Leader Shiv Shankaram and his team flew a total of 74 sorties supplying 25 tonnes of ration and relief material, an IAF spokesman said on Saturday.
The IAF chopper ferried 99 NDRF and police personnel to the flood zone and rescued 690 stranded people, including pilgrims, he said.
The personnel of Air Force Station Jammu (130 HU) unit participated in relief and rescue efforts in the hill state of Uttarakhand which witnessed widespread death and destruction wrought by recent monsoon rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible