Jammu-based MLAs walk out of J&K Assembly
Srinagar: Several Jammu-based MLAs on friday staged a walkout from the legislative assembly to protest the alleged discrimination in the sanction of posts in the Higher Education department.
Balwant Mankotia of National Panthers` Party (NPP) raised the issue of alleged discrimination against Jammu region during the Question Hour.
He claimed that only 400 posts were sanctioned for Jammu region out of the total 1,129 posts of Assistant professors sanctioned for the state in the Higher Education department. Mankotia demanded parity between the Valley and Jammu regions.
However, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone refused to entertain the plea saying the bogey of discrimination is raised from everywhere.
Mankotia was joined by his party colleagues Harsh Dev Singh, Yashpaul Kundal, BJP MLAs Ashok Khajuria, Jugal Kishore and independent MLA Ashwini Sharma in raising slogans against discrimination with Jammu region.
They later walked out of the house in protest.
Meanwhile, Independent MLA from Langate Sheikh Abdul Rashid also staged a walkout from the house after the government did not respond to his demand of immediate release of two youth booked under Public Safety Act (PSA) yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him