Jammu-based MLAs walk out of J&K Assembly
Srinagar: Several Jammu-based MLAs on friday staged a walkout from the legislative assembly to protest the alleged discrimination in the sanction of posts in the Higher Education department.
Balwant Mankotia of National Panthers` Party (NPP) raised the issue of alleged discrimination against Jammu region during the Question Hour.
He claimed that only 400 posts were sanctioned for Jammu region out of the total 1,129 posts of Assistant professors sanctioned for the state in the Higher Education department. Mankotia demanded parity between the Valley and Jammu regions.
However, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone refused to entertain the plea saying the bogey of discrimination is raised from everywhere.
Mankotia was joined by his party colleagues Harsh Dev Singh, Yashpaul Kundal, BJP MLAs Ashok Khajuria, Jugal Kishore and independent MLA Ashwini Sharma in raising slogans against discrimination with Jammu region.
They later walked out of the house in protest.
Meanwhile, Independent MLA from Langate Sheikh Abdul Rashid also staged a walkout from the house after the government did not respond to his demand of immediate release of two youth booked under Public Safety Act (PSA) yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say