Jammu court sentences rape convict to life
Jammu: A fast-track court in Jammu sentenced a rape convict for life on Saturday.
The convict, Nikhil Kumar Sharma, was tried by the court for raping a 10-year-old mentally-challenged girl in Akhnoor area of Jammu district.
The crime was committed in 2008 but the trail was handed over to the fast-track court last year.
District and Sessions Judge Sanjeev Kumar delivered the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'