Jammu court sentences rape convict to life
Jammu: A fast-track court in Jammu sentenced a rape convict for life on Saturday.
The convict, Nikhil Kumar Sharma, was tried by the court for raping a 10-year-old mentally-challenged girl in Akhnoor area of Jammu district.
The crime was committed in 2008 but the trail was handed over to the fast-track court last year.
District and Sessions Judge Sanjeev Kumar delivered the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali