Jammu crime branch begins probe into fake railway jobs case
Jammu: The crime branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police has registered a case following a complaint that a few youths had been duped of lakhs of rupees after promise of jobs in railways.
Acting on a complaint of Sunil Chib of Satwari in Jammu, the crime branch has registered a case against Rajbir Singh, Ramu and Akhilesh Sharma and some unnamed employees of South Eastern Railway, an official spokesman said today.
The complainant, who runs a registered placement agency, alleged that in September, 2012 he had received a phone call from Rajbir, who introduced himself as an official of the Recruitment Section of South Eastern Railway based in West Bengal`s Kharagpur.
Rajbir had told him that they required persons for some posts in Group C and Group D in Kharagpur. Accordingly, the complainant sent his brother Happy Singh and maternal uncle Kuldeep Singh Manhas, who were selected and issued appointment letters and ID cards after various tests.
For this, an amount of Rs 4 lakh each was paid in cash to Rajbir. Similarly, six more persons were "recruited" in the railway after payment of Rs 4 lakh each.
Later on it was found that all these persons have been duped by Rajbir.
On receipt of the complaint, an enquiry was initiated by the crime branch and during the course of enquiry prima facie offences were made out against the above named accused, the spokesman said, adding that accordingly the case was registered and investigation started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof