Jammu gets replica of famous Ganesh Temple of Kashmir
Jammu: Jammu got a replica of the famous
Ganesh (Nandikishwar) Temple, located in South Kashmir on Monday.
"We have set up a replica of famous grand Ganesha Temple
of south Kashmir`s Hanand Chawalgan area at Ganesh Vihar in
Muthi area of Jammu city," Secretary of the Temple Trust
Professor O N Koul told reporters here today.
Amid prayers, maha yagya and hymns, black idol of Lord
Ganesha brought from Mahabalipuram, under the guidance of
Shankracharya of Kanchi Muth Swami Vijendra Saraswati Ji
Maharaj, was installed in presence of over 3,000 devotees.
The temple complex, which has come up in half an acre, has
a sacred tree (Bran) which is said to be the first tree to
grow in Jammu soil.
The temple has been opened for darshan of devotees
from today - the day of Ganesh Chaturdashi - after the
installation Lord Ganesha idol, 8 other small idols, four
Shivlingams and idols of Shiv family and goddess Sarswati,
Laxmi and Durga.
Two Mahants from Varanasi performed prayers during the
installation of the idols.
Over 3,000 devotees took part in the Maha Yagya ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire