Jammu gets replica of famous Ganesh Temple of Kashmir
Jammu: Jammu got a replica of the famous
Ganesh (Nandikishwar) Temple, located in South Kashmir on Monday.
"We have set up a replica of famous grand Ganesha Temple
of south Kashmir`s Hanand Chawalgan area at Ganesh Vihar in
Muthi area of Jammu city," Secretary of the Temple Trust
Professor O N Koul told reporters here today.
Amid prayers, maha yagya and hymns, black idol of Lord
Ganesha brought from Mahabalipuram, under the guidance of
Shankracharya of Kanchi Muth Swami Vijendra Saraswati Ji
Maharaj, was installed in presence of over 3,000 devotees.
The temple complex, which has come up in half an acre, has
a sacred tree (Bran) which is said to be the first tree to
grow in Jammu soil.
The temple has been opened for darshan of devotees
from today - the day of Ganesh Chaturdashi - after the
installation Lord Ganesha idol, 8 other small idols, four
Shivlingams and idols of Shiv family and goddess Sarswati,
Laxmi and Durga.
Two Mahants from Varanasi performed prayers during the
installation of the idols.
Over 3,000 devotees took part in the Maha Yagya ceremony.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged