Jammu gets replica of famous Ganesh Temple of Kashmir
Jammu: Jammu got a replica of the famous
Ganesh (Nandikishwar) Temple, located in South Kashmir on Monday.
"We have set up a replica of famous grand Ganesha Temple
of south Kashmir`s Hanand Chawalgan area at Ganesh Vihar in
Muthi area of Jammu city," Secretary of the Temple Trust
Professor O N Koul told reporters here today.
Amid prayers, maha yagya and hymns, black idol of Lord
Ganesha brought from Mahabalipuram, under the guidance of
Shankracharya of Kanchi Muth Swami Vijendra Saraswati Ji
Maharaj, was installed in presence of over 3,000 devotees.
The temple complex, which has come up in half an acre, has
a sacred tree (Bran) which is said to be the first tree to
grow in Jammu soil.
The temple has been opened for darshan of devotees
from today - the day of Ganesh Chaturdashi - after the
installation Lord Ganesha idol, 8 other small idols, four
Shivlingams and idols of Shiv family and goddess Sarswati,
Laxmi and Durga.
Two Mahants from Varanasi performed prayers during the
installation of the idols.
Over 3,000 devotees took part in the Maha Yagya ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack