Jammu gets replica of famous Ganesh Temple of Kashmir
Jammu: Jammu got a replica of the famous
Ganesh (Nandikishwar) Temple, located in South Kashmir on Monday.
"We have set up a replica of famous grand Ganesha Temple
of south Kashmir`s Hanand Chawalgan area at Ganesh Vihar in
Muthi area of Jammu city," Secretary of the Temple Trust
Professor O N Koul told reporters here today.
Amid prayers, maha yagya and hymns, black idol of Lord
Ganesha brought from Mahabalipuram, under the guidance of
Shankracharya of Kanchi Muth Swami Vijendra Saraswati Ji
Maharaj, was installed in presence of over 3,000 devotees.
The temple complex, which has come up in half an acre, has
a sacred tree (Bran) which is said to be the first tree to
grow in Jammu soil.
The temple has been opened for darshan of devotees
from today - the day of Ganesh Chaturdashi - after the
installation Lord Ganesha idol, 8 other small idols, four
Shivlingams and idols of Shiv family and goddess Sarswati,
Laxmi and Durga.
Two Mahants from Varanasi performed prayers during the
installation of the idols.
Over 3,000 devotees took part in the Maha Yagya ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan