Jammu infant charred to death in fire
Jammu: A four-month-old baby boy was charred to death when a fire broke out in his house in the outskirts of Jammu, police said today.
Plastic scrap which was scattered near the hutments caught fire last evening. The blaze soon engulfed the nearby hutments at Indira Nagar area.
Four-month-old baby boy Razaullah was charred to death and nine jhuggis were completely gutted in the blaze, they said.
On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and fire tenders were pressed in to the service to douse the flames, they said, adding after half-an-hour the fire was brought under control.
The reason behind the fire is not known yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!