Jammu infant charred to death in fire
Jammu: A four-month-old baby boy was charred to death when a fire broke out in his house in the outskirts of Jammu, police said today.
Plastic scrap which was scattered near the hutments caught fire last evening. The blaze soon engulfed the nearby hutments at Indira Nagar area.
Four-month-old baby boy Razaullah was charred to death and nine jhuggis were completely gutted in the blaze, they said.
On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and fire tenders were pressed in to the service to douse the flames, they said, adding after half-an-hour the fire was brought under control.
The reason behind the fire is not known yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars