Jammu journalists condemn Mumbai gang-rape
Jammu: Local journalists on Saturday carried out a peaceful protest in the state`s winter capital Jammu against the rape of a fellow-journalist in Mumbai.
Local journalists of both the electronic and the print media held a meeting at Jammu Press Club on Saturday morning to condemn the rape of the fellow photojournalist by five men in an abandoned mill compound in central Mumbai.
Members of the fraternity also staged a peaceful protest against the crime, carrying placards. The journalists demanded stringent punishment to those involved in the brutal act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?