Jammu journalists condemn Mumbai gang-rape
Jammu: Local journalists on Saturday carried out a peaceful protest in the state`s winter capital Jammu against the rape of a fellow-journalist in Mumbai.
Local journalists of both the electronic and the print media held a meeting at Jammu Press Club on Saturday morning to condemn the rape of the fellow photojournalist by five men in an abandoned mill compound in central Mumbai.
Members of the fraternity also staged a peaceful protest against the crime, carrying placards. The journalists demanded stringent punishment to those involved in the brutal act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam