Jammu journalists condemn Mumbai gang-rape
Jammu: Local journalists on Saturday carried out a peaceful protest in the state`s winter capital Jammu against the rape of a fellow-journalist in Mumbai.
Local journalists of both the electronic and the print media held a meeting at Jammu Press Club on Saturday morning to condemn the rape of the fellow photojournalist by five men in an abandoned mill compound in central Mumbai.
Members of the fraternity also staged a peaceful protest against the crime, carrying placards. The journalists demanded stringent punishment to those involved in the brutal act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone
- Chhatisgarh to ban commercial vehicles over 10-12 years old