Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh unity key to development: Farooq
Srinagar: Union Minister for Renewable Energy and president of ruling National Conference Farooq Abdullah on Friday said strengthening the unity between people of
Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh regions is key to the development of the state.
"National Conference works for the development of all the regions of the state. Strengthening the unity between the people of the three regions is extremely important," Abdullah said while addressing the party members at his residence here.
He said unity among the three regions can also strengthen the Centre-state relations, thus helping Indo-Pakistan dialogue for resolution of all outstanding bilateral issues.
Abdullah also impressed upon party members to work for strengthening the party`s base among people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list