Jammu-Katra rail project Sonia`s favourite: Congress
New Delhi: Expressing happiness over the formal inauguration of the Jammu-Katra railway line, the Congress Friday said it was close to party president Sonia Gandhi`s heart.
Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala told the media here: "This project was very close to the Congress president`s heart. She had taken personal interest in it and wanted it to be completed in the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) tenure. Nevertheless, we are very happy it was inaugurated today (Friday)."
The party added the new railway line will help pilgrims going to the Vaishno Devi shrine.
"We will like to congratulate Vaishno Devi devotees across the country as their journey to the holy shrine will be more convenient now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days