Jammu man murdered by wife`s paramour, says police
Jammu: With the arrest of a woman and her paramour, police today said to have cracked the murder case of a government employee.
"A blind murder case of Public Health Engineer (PHE) employee, who was murdered by his wife and her paramour, has been solved and prime accused has been arrested", Police said.
On May 23, the dead body of one Mohd Ishaq, a resident of Billawar in Kathua district here, was found near Charai Dug well under suspicious circumstances.
During the course of investigation it was established that one Joginder had illicit relations with his wife, they said.
According to the police, the wife conspired with Joginder and informed him about the movements of her husband.
Joginder, then, intercepted Ishaq who was returning from duty during the wee hours on May 23, near Charai Dug Well in Billawar near the Naj river .
He attacked the victim with a sharp object injuring him on the back of his neck and subsequently with stones thereby killing him on spot, police said.
The duo are under custody and further investigation is going on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video