Jammu PCC pays tribute to Nehru on his 48th death anniversary
Jammu: The Jammu unit of the Congress on Sunday paid tributes to the nation`s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru on his 48th death anniversary.
At a function organised in the Pradesh Congress Committee office here, the party leaders paid floral tributes to Nehru and remembered him as a "great visionary".
"Nehru was a great visionary leader who as the first Prime Minister laid the sound foundation of independent India", said PCC senior vice president and ex-MP Dharam Pal Sharma.
"He was one of the tallest leaders of the world under whose stewardship India progressed on all fronts and played a very important role in the affairs of the World", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened