Jammu PCC pays tribute to Nehru on his 48th death anniversary
Jammu: The Jammu unit of the Congress on Sunday paid tributes to the nation`s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru on his 48th death anniversary.
At a function organised in the Pradesh Congress Committee office here, the party leaders paid floral tributes to Nehru and remembered him as a "great visionary".
"Nehru was a great visionary leader who as the first Prime Minister laid the sound foundation of independent India", said PCC senior vice president and ex-MP Dharam Pal Sharma.
"He was one of the tallest leaders of the world under whose stewardship India progressed on all fronts and played a very important role in the affairs of the World", he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed