Jammu records season`s highest temperature at 44 degrees
Jammu: Jammu recorded the season`s highest temperature at 44 degrees Celsius Monday, an official said Tuesday.
"Jammu city recorded the hottest day of this season yesterday (Monday) as the maximum temperature rose to 44 degrees Celsius," an official of the weather department told IANS.
"The minimum temperature settled at 27.9 degrees Celsius. We are expecting the same weather condition for the next few days with no respite from the scorching heat during the period," he said.
The intense heat wave condition has affected normal life in Jammu and other parts of Kathua, Samba, Udhampur and Reasi districts of the region. Few business operated during the daytime as people chose to remain indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone