Jammu resident to be South Delhi Mayor
Jammu: Savita Gupta, hailing from Jammu, winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir, will be South Delhi Mayor.
"Savita Gupta from Jammu will head South Delhi Municipal Corporation as its Mayor," Jammu and Kashmir Prabhari (Incharge) Prof Jagdish Mukhi said while inaugurating the two-day State Working Committee meet at Nagbani in the outskirts of Jammu city this evening.
Mukhi, who was the chief guest on the occasion, said, "We were charged with deviating from the local issues and raising national issues in the recently held elections of Delhi Municipal Corporation."
He said the all-time high corruption and sky-rocketing prices may be not of any concern for the Congress and other political parties but for BJP these are the two important issues.
"Be it corruption or price rise, day-to-day life of a common citizen is affected and the BJP stands with a common citizen in his woes."
He said that the Congress has only one motive and that is to grab power on hollow slogans, mislead the masses and later work for the rich people.
In his presidential address during the meet, BJP State President Shamsher Singh Manhas said, "Although we are a political party but winning seats and forming government is not the only agenda."
"For us in J&K, where we considered this border state as crown of our mother land, our first and the most important mission is to ensure full integration of the state with the rest of the country as well as ensuring the honour of dignity of Bharat Mata," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan