Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was on Sunday closed for vehicular traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district.
"There have been landslides on the highway near Ramban and Kela Morh areas of the district around 5 pm," a police official said.
Over 300 vehicles were left stranded on both sides of the highway due to the landslides.
BRO, which is maintaining the highway, has started clearance operation to restore the traffic movement, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?