Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was on Sunday closed for vehicular traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district.
"There have been landslides on the highway near Ramban and Kela Morh areas of the district around 5 pm," a police official said.
Over 300 vehicles were left stranded on both sides of the highway due to the landslides.
BRO, which is maintaining the highway, has started clearance operation to restore the traffic movement, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider