Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was on Sunday closed for vehicular traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district.
"There have been landslides on the highway near Ramban and Kela Morh areas of the district around 5 pm," a police official said.
Over 300 vehicles were left stranded on both sides of the highway due to the landslides.
BRO, which is maintaining the highway, has started clearance operation to restore the traffic movement, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning