Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar national highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country, was on Sunday closed for vehicular traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district.
"There have been landslides on the highway near Ramban and Kela Morh areas of the district around 5 pm," a police official said.
Over 300 vehicles were left stranded on both sides of the highway due to the landslides.
BRO, which is maintaining the highway, has started clearance operation to restore the traffic movement, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof