Jammu-Srinagar highway closed
Jammu: The 300-km Jammu-Srinagar national
highway, connecting J&K with the rest of the country, was
closed for vehicular traffic due to falling pieces of rocks
from hilltops in the wake of landslides triggered by heavy
rain in Ramban district.
The highway was closed for vehicular traffic at 1500
hours as pieces of rocks are falling on the highway from
hilltops due to landslides caused by heavy rains in Panthal
area, 180 kms from here, Police Control Room (PCR) officials said.
Due to closure of traffic, over 100 vehicles are
stranded in Ramban, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city