Jammu-Srinagar NH remains closed for second day running
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed on Thursday for the second day running as landslides triggered by heavy rains affected the arterial road in parts of Ramban and Udhampur districts.
There were three landslides in Ramban and one in Udhampur on the 294-km long highway.
Personnel of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were trying to clear debris from the road but persistent downpour was hampering the work, officials said on Thursday.
Traffic was also disrupted on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway because of flooding at Gagwal, Dayalachak areas because of heavy rain, they said.
The Jammu-Poonch Highway was also closed and traffic was disrupted for four hours due to landslides in Kalidhar, they said, adding, the road was later cleared and traffic was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble