Jammu-Srinagar NH remains closed for second day running
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed on Thursday for the second day running as landslides triggered by heavy rains affected the arterial road in parts of Ramban and Udhampur districts.
There were three landslides in Ramban and one in Udhampur on the 294-km long highway.
Personnel of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were trying to clear debris from the road but persistent downpour was hampering the work, officials said on Thursday.
Traffic was also disrupted on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway because of flooding at Gagwal, Dayalachak areas because of heavy rain, they said.
The Jammu-Poonch Highway was also closed and traffic was disrupted for four hours due to landslides in Kalidhar, they said, adding, the road was later cleared and traffic was restored.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'