Jammu-Srinagar NH remains closed for second day running
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed on Thursday for the second day running as landslides triggered by heavy rains affected the arterial road in parts of Ramban and Udhampur districts.
There were three landslides in Ramban and one in Udhampur on the 294-km long highway.
Personnel of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were trying to clear debris from the road but persistent downpour was hampering the work, officials said on Thursday.
Traffic was also disrupted on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway because of flooding at Gagwal, Dayalachak areas because of heavy rain, they said.
The Jammu-Poonch Highway was also closed and traffic was disrupted for four hours due to landslides in Kalidhar, they said, adding, the road was later cleared and traffic was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch