Jammu-Srinagar NH remains closed for second day running
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed on Thursday for the second day running as landslides triggered by heavy rains affected the arterial road in parts of Ramban and Udhampur districts.
There were three landslides in Ramban and one in Udhampur on the 294-km long highway.
Personnel of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were trying to clear debris from the road but persistent downpour was hampering the work, officials said on Thursday.
Traffic was also disrupted on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway because of flooding at Gagwal, Dayalachak areas because of heavy rain, they said.
The Jammu-Poonch Highway was also closed and traffic was disrupted for four hours due to landslides in Kalidhar, they said, adding, the road was later cleared and traffic was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- Scramble begins in BJP's Kerala unit for union ministry berth
- Afghan Taliban struggle to select Mansour's successor
- Medium intensity earthquake in Assam
- Maharashtra Education Minister criticises AAP for backing NEET