Jammu-Srinagar NH remains closed for second day running
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed on Thursday for the second day running as landslides triggered by heavy rains affected the arterial road in parts of Ramban and Udhampur districts.
There were three landslides in Ramban and one in Udhampur on the 294-km long highway.
Personnel of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were trying to clear debris from the road but persistent downpour was hampering the work, officials said on Thursday.
Traffic was also disrupted on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway because of flooding at Gagwal, Dayalachak areas because of heavy rain, they said.
The Jammu-Poonch Highway was also closed and traffic was disrupted for four hours due to landslides in Kalidhar, they said, adding, the road was later cleared and traffic was restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers