Jammu-Srinagar NH reopened for one-way traffic
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and the rest of the country, was Tuesday reopened for one-way traffic after a two-day long closure due to heavy snowfall and slippery conditions.
Most of the stranded vehicles have been cleared after the 300-km-long highway was reopened.
"The highway was reopened for one-way vehicular traffic from Srinagar to Jammu today", a police official said.
No vehicle would be allowed from Jammu to Srinagar and most of the Srinagar-bound vehicles have been stopped at Nagrota and Sidhra bypass areas on the outskirts of Jammu city this morning, he said.
The fresh movement of vehicles from Jammu to Srinagar would take place tomorrow, he said, adding over 200 vehicles are stranded in various places in Jammu and Udhampur districts for their onward movement to Kashmir Valley.
The highway was closed due to heavy snowfall in Jawahir tunnel, Ramban and Patnitop belts besides slippery road conditions on the stretch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read