Jammu-Srinagar NH reopened for one-way traffic
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, the only surface link between Kashmir and the rest of the country, was Tuesday reopened for one-way traffic after a two-day long closure due to heavy snowfall and slippery conditions.
Most of the stranded vehicles have been cleared after the 300-km-long highway was reopened.
"The highway was reopened for one-way vehicular traffic from Srinagar to Jammu today", a police official said.
No vehicle would be allowed from Jammu to Srinagar and most of the Srinagar-bound vehicles have been stopped at Nagrota and Sidhra bypass areas on the outskirts of Jammu city this morning, he said.
The fresh movement of vehicles from Jammu to Srinagar would take place tomorrow, he said, adding over 200 vehicles are stranded in various places in Jammu and Udhampur districts for their onward movement to Kashmir Valley.
The highway was closed due to heavy snowfall in Jawahir tunnel, Ramban and Patnitop belts besides slippery road conditions on the stretch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened