Jammu-Srinagar NH reopens, 2,000 stranded vehicles cleared
Jammu: Over 2,000 vehicles which were stranded for the last three days on the 300-km Jammu-Srinagar national highway due to snowfall and landslides were cleared as the route was reopened for one-way traffic movement on Sunday.
"The highway has been reopened for one-way vehicular traffic in view of the improvement in weather condition`s, vehicles moving from Jammu to Srinagar were cleared today," Deputy Inspector General (Traffic), Shakeek Baigh said.
He said that all the vehicles stranded on the highway have been cleared.
The traffic movement from Srinagar to Jammu will not be allowed today, DIG said adding, people travelling from Jammu to Doda and Kishtwar districts would be given green cards by Traffic Police to allow their journey to their respective places.
Over 2,000 stranded vehicles have been cleared of the highway, he said.
The Jammu-Srinagar National highway, linking Kashmir Valley to rest of the country, was closed following heavy snowfall in various areas of the highway and also Pir Panjal mountain range triggering cold wave conditions from Thursday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why