Jammu-Srinagar NH reopens
Jammu/Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu National
Highway was Thursday reopened for government-run buses after remaining closed for three consecutive days due to snowfall
and landslides in the region.
"The 294-km-long National Highway has reopened for
two-way vehicular traffic today after clearance of landslides
and avalanche in Ramban sector," a police official said.
The highway was reopened for one-way traffic from Jammu
With reopening of the highway, two-way traffic was thrown open on the highway from Jammu and Srinagar capital cities, they said.
Today only state-run SRTC buses carrying stranded
passengers from Jammu and Kashmir are allowed to ply on the
The Kashmir Valley was cut off from the rest of the
country for three days due to closure of the highway for past
three days due to heavy snowfall, avalanche and two major
Over 600 stranded vehicles have crossed into the Kashmir
Valley and over 300 towards Jammu since last night, police
Two major landslides triggered by rains hit the highway
at Panthal and Sher Bibi area in Ramban district, while an
avalanche occurred at Nachlana area further blocking the
The men and machines of the BRO cleared the highway last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!