Jammu to face power cuts in rotational manner
Jammu: The Power Development Department of Jammu and Kashmir will curtail power supply to areas under priority anytime during the day on rotational basis, a top official said on Saturday.
"Areas under priority, Jammu region, shall be put to curtailment of power supply during any time of the day in rotational manner," Power Development Department Chief Engineer (System and Operational Wing) S Goni said.
She said in order to combat the situation arisen due to low frequency and to maintain the grid discipline, the department is forced to resort to rotational curtailment as and when distress call is received from Northern Grid. The curtailment has been worked out in three group i.E A, B and C.
In Group `A`- twin district of Poonch, Rajouri, Doda, Kishtwar, Ramban part of Kathua District, Chenani, Ramnagar and areas of Udhampur districts shall be affected due to Rajouri, Draba, Chandak, Kalakote, Doda, Khellani, Kathua, Hiranagar, Udhampur, Batote stations.
Group `B` includes Parts of Jammu district parts of Kathua district and Samba district which shall be affected due to Akhnoor, Barn, Bishnah,Miranshib, Bari-Brahmana-I, Sidhra, Mahanpur, Gangyal, Samba, Bari-Brahmana-II stations.
In Group `C` some parts of Jammu district shall be affected due to Gladni, Canal, Janipur Stations. "Areas under priority A, B and c shall be put to curtailment during any time of the day in rotational manner," she said.
The department informs that the situation is unavoidable and therefore, consumers are requested to bear with the department and use electricity judiciously.
Jammu has been facing extreme heat wave conditions with temperature rising to 45 degrees since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore