Jammu to face power cuts in rotational manner
Jammu: The Power Development Department of Jammu and Kashmir will curtail power supply to areas under priority anytime during the day on rotational basis, a top official said on Saturday.
"Areas under priority, Jammu region, shall be put to curtailment of power supply during any time of the day in rotational manner," Power Development Department Chief Engineer (System and Operational Wing) S Goni said.
She said in order to combat the situation arisen due to low frequency and to maintain the grid discipline, the department is forced to resort to rotational curtailment as and when distress call is received from Northern Grid. The curtailment has been worked out in three group i.E A, B and C.
In Group `A`- twin district of Poonch, Rajouri, Doda, Kishtwar, Ramban part of Kathua District, Chenani, Ramnagar and areas of Udhampur districts shall be affected due to Rajouri, Draba, Chandak, Kalakote, Doda, Khellani, Kathua, Hiranagar, Udhampur, Batote stations.
Group `B` includes Parts of Jammu district parts of Kathua district and Samba district which shall be affected due to Akhnoor, Barn, Bishnah,Miranshib, Bari-Brahmana-I, Sidhra, Mahanpur, Gangyal, Samba, Bari-Brahmana-II stations.
In Group `C` some parts of Jammu district shall be affected due to Gladni, Canal, Janipur Stations. "Areas under priority A, B and c shall be put to curtailment during any time of the day in rotational manner," she said.
The department informs that the situation is unavoidable and therefore, consumers are requested to bear with the department and use electricity judiciously.
Jammu has been facing extreme heat wave conditions with temperature rising to 45 degrees since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration
- Parineeti Chopra is not part of 'Mubaraka'
- ITC Q1 net profit up 10% to Rs 2,385 crore
- 'Kabali' fervour: Son-in-law Dhanush releases special poster, calls Rajinikanth 'The King'
- Over 5.48 lakh people affected due to floods in states: Govt