Jammu trade bodies protest over bus stand shifting
Jammu: Opposing the Jammu and Kashmir government`s proposed move to shift the main bus stand from BC road, trade bodies have claimed that shifting of the stand from the heart of the city "will ruin the entire business of the city".
The state government is proposing to shift the bus stand for inter-state buses from the present site at BC road, to Narwal transport yard, away from the city.
In a joint statement, three trade associations – Raghunath Bazaar Businessman Association, Talab Khatikan Hoteliers Association and Gummat Traders Association – have extended their support to the Action Committee General Bus Stand Jammu "for any agitation launched by them".
Several trade bodies of General Bus stand have launched a movement resisting the government`s move to shift the bus stand outside the city in order to de-congest the winter capital.
"This move will ruin the entire business of Jammu city, while at the same time cause great inconvenience to the commuters coming to Jammu from outside the state. In turn this will hurt tourism and pilgrimage in Jammu region," the signatories to the statement have observed.
They demanded that the present bus stand should be upgraded, modernised and converted into multi-storey, which will solve the problem of parking of small vehicles as well as de-congest the city roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’