Jammu trade bodies protest over bus stand shifting
Jammu: Opposing the Jammu and Kashmir government`s proposed move to shift the main bus stand from BC road, trade bodies have claimed that shifting of the stand from the heart of the city "will ruin the entire business of the city".
The state government is proposing to shift the bus stand for inter-state buses from the present site at BC road, to Narwal transport yard, away from the city.
In a joint statement, three trade associations – Raghunath Bazaar Businessman Association, Talab Khatikan Hoteliers Association and Gummat Traders Association – have extended their support to the Action Committee General Bus Stand Jammu "for any agitation launched by them".
Several trade bodies of General Bus stand have launched a movement resisting the government`s move to shift the bus stand outside the city in order to de-congest the winter capital.
"This move will ruin the entire business of Jammu city, while at the same time cause great inconvenience to the commuters coming to Jammu from outside the state. In turn this will hurt tourism and pilgrimage in Jammu region," the signatories to the statement have observed.
They demanded that the present bus stand should be upgraded, modernised and converted into multi-storey, which will solve the problem of parking of small vehicles as well as de-congest the city roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway