Jammu University campus to be set up in Reasi
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has accorded sanction to transfer 25 hectares of land in Reasi district for setting up a campus of Jammu University.
The approval was given at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here last evening, an official spokesman said.
The cabinet also extended the period of submission of the report by the cabinet sub-committee on creation of new administrative units by one month. The extended term of the committee shall end on September 23 as the earlier term had ended on August 24, 2013.
The government also constituted a committee headed by the Chief Secretary to look into the various issues involved in the proposed lifting of moratorium on the opening of new B.Ed. Colleges in the state, the spokesman said.
He said Secretary to the Government, Higher Education Department, Secretary to the Government, General Administration Department, Vice Chancellors of University of Kashmir and University of Jammu will be the other members of the committee that has been asked to finalise its recommendations within one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble