Jammu University campus to be set up in Reasi
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has accorded sanction to transfer 25 hectares of land in Reasi district for setting up a campus of Jammu University.
The approval was given at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here last evening, an official spokesman said.
The cabinet also extended the period of submission of the report by the cabinet sub-committee on creation of new administrative units by one month. The extended term of the committee shall end on September 23 as the earlier term had ended on August 24, 2013.
The government also constituted a committee headed by the Chief Secretary to look into the various issues involved in the proposed lifting of moratorium on the opening of new B.Ed. Colleges in the state, the spokesman said.
He said Secretary to the Government, Higher Education Department, Secretary to the Government, General Administration Department, Vice Chancellors of University of Kashmir and University of Jammu will be the other members of the committee that has been asked to finalise its recommendations within one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP