Jammu University campus to be set up in Reasi
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has accorded sanction to transfer 25 hectares of land in Reasi district for setting up a campus of Jammu University.
The approval was given at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here last evening, an official spokesman said.
The cabinet also extended the period of submission of the report by the cabinet sub-committee on creation of new administrative units by one month. The extended term of the committee shall end on September 23 as the earlier term had ended on August 24, 2013.
The government also constituted a committee headed by the Chief Secretary to look into the various issues involved in the proposed lifting of moratorium on the opening of new B.Ed. Colleges in the state, the spokesman said.
He said Secretary to the Government, Higher Education Department, Secretary to the Government, General Administration Department, Vice Chancellors of University of Kashmir and University of Jammu will be the other members of the committee that has been asked to finalise its recommendations within one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees