J&K: 15,000 youths turn up for Army recruitment
Jammu: Braving cold conditions, nearly 15,000
youths have turned up for the ongoing Army recruitment rally
in Akhnoor border belt in Jammu district.
"Despite rains and cold conditions, there is an
overwhelming response of candidates for the Army recruitment
rally," officiating Defence spokesman of Jammu, S N Acharya,
told reporters here today.
"Nearly 15,000 have turned up so far at Akhnoor and
another 5,000 to 7,000 are expected on December 8," he said.
The Army Recruiting Office, Jammu, is organising an Army
Open Recruitment Rally at Akhnoor from December 4-10, Deputy
Director General Recruiting (Punjab and JK), Brigadier Vinod
The first phase of the rally, which would be completed
tomorrow, started with an aim to recruit youths from five
districts of Jammu region.
These districts are Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Rajouri and
Poonch, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon