J&K: 16 Ladakh artists killed in road accident
Srinagar: Sixteen people were killed and seven injured on Sunday when a minibus rolled down into a deep gorge on Leh-Keylong road connecting the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir with Himachal Pradesh, police said.
Police here said the minibus was carrying 23 people when it rolled down into a deep gorge after it went out the driver`s control on the Leh-Keylong road Sunday.
Reports said the minibus was carrying a troupe of local artists for cultural exchange programme in Himachal Pradesh when the accident occurred.
"Sixteen people were killed and seven injured in the accident. All the dead passengers belonged to Ladakh region," a police officer said here.
The injured have been shifted to hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble