J&K: 16,000 migrant families to get health insurance cover
Jammu: Over 16,000 families of Kashmiri migrants will get a health insurance cover during the next financial year, Jammu and Kashmir government said on Friday.
Replying to a question by MLC Vijay Bakaya in the Legislative Council during the Question Hour, the Minister for Revenue Raman Bhalla said that Finance Minister while presenting the Budget announced a scheme for providing health cover to Kashmiri migrants, who are drawing relief.
"The group insurance scheme has been worked out for 16,000 families," he said.
As per the scheme, premium due on this account has to be shared by the government and beneficiary equally, he said.
Accordingly, offers were invited from insurance companies for providing group insurance cover to migrant families registered under relief category, he said, adding an amount of Rs 7,062 has been worked out as premium per family for providing insurance cover to 16,000 families.
As per the scheme, insurance cover can be provided to such families who are registered under relief category, the number of which is 17,248, he said.
An exercise has been undertaken by the relief organisation to ascertain the willingness of the families, who intend to avail benefit of the scheme as per the premium offered by the insurance company is to be shared jointly by
government and beneficiary on 50:50 basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing