J&K: 19 dead, one injured in a road accident
Jammu: Nineteen people were on Friday killed when a matador in which they were travelling skidded off the road and rolled down into a deep gorge in Doda district of
Jammu and Kashmir, police said here.
The accident occurred at Shorna-Batyas this morning when the matador was on its way to Ghorda in Thathri belt of Doda district, they said.
In the mishap, 198 people were killed and one was injured, they said, adding that the bodies have been recovered and the injured has been admitted to a hospital.
Bhaderwah MLA MS Naiz has expressed grief over the incident and urged the state government to provide speedy medical treatment to the injured and announce ex-gratia compensation to the deceased passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister