J&K: 2 LeT militants arrested for plotting attacks
Srinagar: Two militants of Pakistan-based
Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit, who were allegedly tasked to
carry out fresh grenade attacks, were arrested in Baramulla
district of north Kashmir, police today said a day after
multiple terror strikes in the Valley.
Bilal Ahmad Mir and Javid Ahmad Mir were arrested and two
grenades seized from them at a checkpoint on Court Road in
Sopore town, 55 kms from here, last evening, Superintendent of
Police, Sopore, Imtiyaz Hussain said.
He said the militants were attempting to carry out
grenade attacks in the town when they were intercepted by the
police and taken into custody.
He, however, said the duo were "not linked" with
yesterday`s grenade attacks in Srinagar and Shopian town of
Both the arrested militants were residents of Sopore
town and were locally trained activists of LeT outfit, Hussain
said, adding one of them was a "recycled" militant.
Suspected militants yesterday carried out twin grenade
attacks in Srinagar injuring three CRPF jawans. They also shot
at and injured a policeman in Anantnag district town besides
making an abortive attempt to target a police party with a
grenade in Shopian district.
Security forces have stepped up vigil across Kashmir
following the militant strikes and have set up special check
points at various places in the Valley to foil such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!