J&K: 20 killed, seven injured in road mishaps
Jammu: Twenty people, including eleven
pilgrims, were killed and seven others injured in separate
road mishaps in Reasi, Doda, Ramban and Anantnag districts of
Jammu and Kashmir.
A Tata Sumo carrying devotees of Shahdra Sharief
shrine skidded off the road and rolled down into a deep gorge
at Dhamni area in Reasi district this afternoon, IGP (Jammu
range) Dilbagh Singh said.
11 pilgrims were killed and three children were
injured in the mishap, the IGP said, adding that nine bodies
have been identified so far.
The injured have been shifted to government medical
college here, he said.
Four persons, including three members of a family,
were killed and two others seriously injured when a car fell
into a gorge at Gorda in Doda district last night, police
The mishap occurred when the driver lost control over
the vehicle, which was on its way to Doda, and it rolled down
into a 500-feet deep gorge, they said.
The deceased were identified as Vipin Lal, his wife
Feeno Devi, and their seven-day-old baby and driver Yassir
Hamid, they said, adding that the two critically injured have
been identified as Namberdar Fakir Chand and Monika Devi.
In the third accident, three persons were killed when
their speeding car last night rammed into the rear of a truck
at Bijbehara in Anantnag district, they said.
Two persons were injured in the mishap.
The deceased were accompanying a marriage procession
which was on its way from Srinagar to Mattan town, they added.
Rakesh Mahajan -- who worked with a local newspaper --
was killed today when his car rammed into a truck on the
Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, while a motorist died in an
accident in Jammu city, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed