J&K: 20 killed, seven injured in road mishaps
Jammu: Twenty people, including eleven
pilgrims, were killed and seven others injured in separate
road mishaps in Reasi, Doda, Ramban and Anantnag districts of
Jammu and Kashmir.
A Tata Sumo carrying devotees of Shahdra Sharief
shrine skidded off the road and rolled down into a deep gorge
at Dhamni area in Reasi district this afternoon, IGP (Jammu
range) Dilbagh Singh said.
11 pilgrims were killed and three children were
injured in the mishap, the IGP said, adding that nine bodies
have been identified so far.
The injured have been shifted to government medical
college here, he said.
Four persons, including three members of a family,
were killed and two others seriously injured when a car fell
into a gorge at Gorda in Doda district last night, police
The mishap occurred when the driver lost control over
the vehicle, which was on its way to Doda, and it rolled down
into a 500-feet deep gorge, they said.
The deceased were identified as Vipin Lal, his wife
Feeno Devi, and their seven-day-old baby and driver Yassir
Hamid, they said, adding that the two critically injured have
been identified as Namberdar Fakir Chand and Monika Devi.
In the third accident, three persons were killed when
their speeding car last night rammed into the rear of a truck
at Bijbehara in Anantnag district, they said.
Two persons were injured in the mishap.
The deceased were accompanying a marriage procession
which was on its way from Srinagar to Mattan town, they added.
Rakesh Mahajan -- who worked with a local newspaper --
was killed today when his car rammed into a truck on the
Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, while a motorist died in an
accident in Jammu city, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'