J&K: 200 trucks stranded due to landslide in Udhampur
Udhampur (J&K): As many as 200 trucks carrying essential items to Kashmir valley were stranded on Saturday due to a landslide on the highway in Udhampur.
The landslide was triggered by heavy rains in the wee hours, blocking Dhar-Udhampur road at Moda Dadda, about 18-kms from here, Traffic Police officials said.
Dhar road is considered as the shortest route to the valley and is preferred by truckers instead of going via Jammu.
A senior officer of Beacon, who was present at the landslide site, said 40 labourers had been engaged to clear the landslide debris.
Specialised machines were also awaited from Samba and Batote areas, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference