J&K: 205 head constables promoted
Srinagar: Over 200 head constables were promoted to the rank of Assistant Sub-inspectors in Jammu and Kashmir after a meeting of departmental promotion committee, a police spokesman said Wednesday.
Inspector General of Police, Kashmir, A G Mir, who chaired the meeting, approved the promotion of 205 Head Constables to the rank of assistant Sub-Inspectors yesterday, the spokesman said.
Besides, the spokesman said in-situ grade promotion was also given to 24 officers of Kashmir Zone.
In his message, the IGP felicitated the promoted officers and their families and hoped that they will work hard to serve the people and the department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate